Monday, November 7, 2011

Nissan Leaf 2012

I couldn't help but notice the new 2012 Nissan Leaf commercial. It's clever, real, and it really gets the point across; this is a 100% electric car. Not only do I think this commercial is great but it's super smart. After seeing this, I would feel guilty not to purchase one of these cars.




I especially enjoyed this commercial because it showed that Nissan is ready to take down their competition. In the commercial, the new 2012 Chevy Volt is featured. The Chevy Volt is a half-electric half-gas powered car. I think it was really smart idea for Nissan to do this because their car is actually 100% electric powered. This commercial really plays on the idea that everything we use uses gas. So having the Chevy Volt in the commercial, really shows up the competition and shows that Nissan is the better car.




What's interesting as well is I featued the new Chevy Volt commercial in a previous blog as being a great advertisement. Well, now that I've seen the new Nissan Leaf, I'd have to take back my statement. I think this advertisement is taking something that is serious and making it relatable and changeable. By just buying this car, you'll be taking the next step in helping the environment become more indepedent of oil and gas. The whole idea of an electric toothbrush blowing fumes in my partners face doesn't seem like the way I want my future to be. So Nissan is hinting that by taking these little steps, and buying their electric car, we all can make some huge improvements in becoming more eco-friendly as a nation.



Overall, I think this advertisement is a great example of how you can seriously implement some environmental ethics in to the minds of the people. This is a clever commercial that I'm sure you will remember if you see it. It's smart, logical, and you feel good about doing it. Where you can go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment