Monday, November 7, 2011

Verizon NFL, take the action with you

While watching my beloved packers this past Sunday, I realized something very interesting about Verizon Wireless's NFL Mobile commercial; It was all Green Bay Packer footage featuring the amazing, Clay Matthews and his infamous, "bicep flex." After seeing the commercial, I felt like Verizon really made an effort to connect with their fans, where ever they may be.



This commercial does a great job of connecting with a wide range of audiences. It appeals to any kind of man--a chef, a husband, a golfer--as well as women. Also, any fan of the Packers would know this dance. This makes the commercial intimate and special. It's like they knew they were showing this for us Packer's fans!

But, I can't help but think, "Was this really intentional?" Does Verizon really play different clips for different cities? Judging by the reaction I just gave to seeing the Packer's on my phone service's commericial, I'd say they should. It's ingenious! And I'm sure Verizon is hitting all their targets. Guys go nuts for the stuff! I'm definietly giving Verizon an A on this one. It was super intimate, funny, and it sold me on the product. I felt like I could be one of those people, stopping in the middle of the street and crouching down to celebrate a Clay Matthews tackle. Verizon really made a good choice of showing a Green Bay Packer clip. We're just so dedicated that whatever has to do with the Packers, we're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment