Sunday, October 23, 2011

Axe Advertising--Premature Perspiration




I think everyone is quite familiar with the advertisements put out by one of the biggest teenage boy body spray's called AXE . Axe has always been famous for using the shock value when putting together a commercial. Their commercials and magazine advertisements are always full of sexual innuendos that reference their irresistible smell. In my own opinion, I think AXE is really starting to take advantage of "edgy" commercials.

In their newest campaign, with a slogan of "premature perspiration," AXE really takes it to the next level. Of course, with a slogan like that your mind already begins to wander. But, I think this is taking it a little too far. In their campaign, the main idea is focused on a guy seeing a hot woman and "prematurely perspiring," because he simply can't help himself. By using AXE Deodorant, however, you can avoid the whole embarrassing "premature perspiration" thing, and keep on sweating without your woman knowing. How great!



Not. I think it's a little strange to think about a guy, starring at you from across the room, basically ejaculating sweat from his armpits. I don't understand how anyone could think that that joke is a clever usage of the vulgar and sexual term. I think AXE is overstepping some major boundaries. As someone apart of their target audience, mostly likely buying the product so my man will stop prematurely perspiring, I would never buy the product. And I don't even see nor get the connection teenage boys will make with the idea of picking up deodorant to stop their "premature perspiration." Isn't that a super embarrassing thing? I mean the commercials already embarrassing me, and I'm just the one being looked at! Take a look for yourself. And if I were showing this commercial on my network, I'd definitely put a "warning, mature content," before the commercial.

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! axe throwing bar near me

    ReplyDelete