Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What Brand Am I?


What Brand Am I?


If I were to represent any brand in the world, I would represent Patagonia. Patagonia is an outdoor clothing company based in Ventura, California. Their main objective for their company is to produce and sell clothing and products that cause the least harm to the environment. For this very reason, I would consider this brand to be very similar to the person I am and want to become.

In my day to day life, I do simple things like not buying water bottles, taking short showers, and changing my light bulbs to incandescent bulbs to cause the least amount of harm on the environment. Like Patagonia, they follow certain rules and regulations to make sure they really are doing their part to save the environment. Patagonia, “evaluate(s) raw materials, invest(s) in innovative technologies, and rigorously police(s) their waste.” Patagonia is also involved in many environmental groups and alliances as well as gives a portion of their sales to support grassroots groups. For example, the Conservation Alliance, Common Threads Initiative, 1% for the Planet, and Earth Tax are just some groups and alliances Patagonia is a part of.



Patagonia’s mission statement also helped me realize that this company or brand really signifies me as a person; “Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.” As a woman who hopes to become a public relations manager for a company or brand who idolizes and wants to do good for the environment, I don’t think there could be a better brand out there for me.

For years, Patagonia has been known to put countless effort into campaigns, products, and businesses all for the benefit of the environment. Their most recent campaign, Our Common Waters, focuses on the issue of human water consumption. These types of campaigns and the support Patagonia gives to these organizations, really shows me they have integrity and really care about what message they are trying to give. Everything they do in their company represents honesty, reliability, hard work, and a passion for the environment that we all should have.

I have chosen Patagonia as the brand for me because I believe they depict all the things I would want to represent as a great brand. I want to be a company with morals, following a strict order that is based on helping the environment, I also want to be a company that goes out and makes things happen by joining or uniting with certain groups for the greater good, and last but not least, I want to be a company or brand that supports and produces products that live up to their name. This company bends over backwards to help save the environment and provide its consumers with a product that everyone can be satisfied with. This is me as a person. I am willing to do whatever it takes to help save the environment even if I have to make changes to my daily life. Like Patagonia, my mission statement for life, or rather my motto, is to live on this earth and try my best not to leave my footprint behind or perhaps leave a good print.



http://www.patagonia.com/us/home

No comments:

Post a Comment